We empower students by providing comprehensive and holistic school-based services.
COR offers programming to trauma-impacted students who are marginalized by poverty and race-based educational inequities. Trauma includes homelessness, child maltreatment, domestic violence, and sexual assault or exploitation, and it can impact our youth in many ways, including socially, psychologically, academically, socioeconomically, and physically.
Our approach is unique because our team is located on-site, in the school. This allows us to develop meaningful relationships which are integral to addressing and moving through trauma, creating protective factors, and enhancing student success.
- Provide licensed clinical staff who collaborate with on-site community behavioral health specialists
- Host student activities such as expressive arts and writing, trauma-informed yoga, and prevention/early intervention education groups
- Foster the development of five interrelated cognitive, affective and behavioral social and emotional competencies:
- social awareness
- relationship skills
- responsible decision making
- Provide a safe and youth focused drop-in Center for students
- Maintain an on-site Market with food, clothing, supplies, and laundry facilities
- Connect students and families to school and community resources and services
- Serve as student and parent advocates to support academic success
- Coordinate outings and activities that cultivate out-of-school time learning opportunities
- Provide trauma-informed staff support and ongoing relevant training
- Support administrators in reaching school improvement plan goals
- Assist staff with student, family, and community assessments
- Collaborate with on-site community providers to ensure increased access to care
- Develop strategies to create a protective school community for trauma impacted students